HAPPY POCAHONTAS DAY

Friday, April 2, 2010
Okay guys, I don't know if you'll think this is freaky, but I totally did. I was watching POCAHONTAS last night. I watch Disney movies when I can't sleep. And when I can sleep. And when I'm happy. And when I'm sad, etc. But really, I was watching it. Then, today, I was in the Walnut Creek area for 2 appointments, with 2 hours in between to kill. Sooooo I went speed thrifting. First, I went to that thrift store that's by DVC in Pleasant Hill. And I saw this:


THAT'S A POCAHONTAS VEST. I could not believe my eyes! Not just Pocahontas, but her friend Nakoma too! And then I almost didn't buy it because it's HUGE. Like a 3XL or something. It's hand made though. But I knew if I didn't buy it, I'd just live with regret forever, and I'd feel the same way as I do about not buying the ET toothbrush holder I saw last week. I can probably alter this somehow. It was half off- $1.50.

So, I thought that was a fun coincidence, but then I went to the Animal Rescue Foundation Thrift Store in Concord, and I GOT THIS:

A POCAHONTAS SWEATSHIRT! I don't know about you guys, but I never see Pocahontas things in thrift stores, and today I found 2 right after watching the movie. I LOVE POCAHONTAS. This was a great day. $2


THEN, on my way out, I found a whole table full of these Disney cups:

I got Sebastian because I had/will soon again have a Little Mermaid bathroom to put him in. There were so many others! John Smith, Mulan, Esmeralda...I wanted to get all of them. But seriously, they were really scary looking. And at least I know I'll use Sebastian. $1




0 comments to HAPPY POCAHONTAS DAY:

Post a Comment